Skip to main content

What should I do in this situation.

Scranton, PA |
Filed under: Used cars

Long story short a couple months back I bought a car off someone on craigslist, big mistake! He came up and dropped off the car gave him the money and everything went smoothe. After about a day he asked to borrow the car, which at the time I had no plates or insurance on it and not enough money to transfer the title over. So I lett him borrow the car to take his son to the doctors. Told him before he left to keep me updated. I paid him $800 for the car, I still have his title and I dont know what to do with it. I also have been trying to call his cell and txt messaging, last answer I got was he will pay me back when he can. Not enough for me.... I recently looked up his information and found out he has been in prison. How do I get my money back, and any other options?

Attorney Answers 1


You may file a small claims action against him.

I am an attorney in Pennsylvania but I am not currently *your* attorney. Nothing in my communication should be construed as creating an attorney/client relationship. Please contact me if you wish to retain me as your counsel.

Mark as helpful

Lemon law topics

Recommended articles about Lemon law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics