What should I do if my last employer won't give me my w2 or last paycheck?

Austin, TX |

I quit my job in October and my employer will not give me my last paycheck. Also I have not recieved my w2. When I contact other employees or his office manager they tell me that I have to talk to my boss to get my paycheck. I contacted the office manager and she said the w2 had not been mailed. She told me she was mailing it that day which was February 14th but I never recieved it. When I contacted her again she said the boss took it from her when she tried to mail it. I keep calling the boss but he never answers or calls me back. What can I do about this?

As far as your paycheck, the law prohibits employer from keeping paychecks for over 30 days, contact the Texas Work Force Commission, they can help you. Conversely, as far as your w-2, you were supposed to have received them by the end of January, just tell them that you are going to pick it up to have ready for you.