What should I do if my last employer won't give me my w2 or last paycheck?

Asked over 5 years ago - Austin, TX

I quit my job in October and my employer will not give me my last paycheck. Also I have not recieved my w2. When I contact other employees or his office manager they tell me that I have to talk to my boss to get my paycheck. I contacted the office manager and she said the w2 had not been mailed. She told me she was mailing it that day which was February 14th but I never recieved it. When I contacted her again she said the boss took it from her when she tried to mail it. I keep calling the boss but he never answers or calls me back. What can I do about this?

1. Edgardo Rafael Baez

Answered . As far as your paycheck, the law prohibits employer from keeping paychecks for over 30 days, contact the Texas Work Force Commission, they can help you. Conversely, as far as your w-2, you were supposed to have received them by the end of January, just tell them that you are going to pick it up to have ready for you.