What should I do if my employer is forcing me to work with the people who sexually harassed me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Barnesville, PA

My employer recognizes that these people sexually harassed me (in a non physical way), but they have not relocated/reassigned the employees which means I am forced to work with them on a regular basis. What should I do?

1. Norman Antonio Stiteler

3

Answered . In general, I agree with Attorney Madison, you should see an attorney and follow his advice. However, I do have a question. You note that your employer 'recognizes' that these people sexually harass you, you need to be clear as to how your employer 'recognizes it'. Have you complained to him and he admitted that it is occurring; or are you assuming that he knows about it? It is a small difference but an important one.

2. Edward Clement Sweeney

Pro

1

Answered . Depends on the facts. If it was just trivial harassment, I would simply try to work with the employees, but if it was major, you need to see an employment lawyer. Sometimes it is hard to move people in a small company, so how large your employer is may be an issue.

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

2

Answered . You should set up an appointment with an attorney who handles EEOC sexual discrimination cases in your state. In most states these attorneys accept cases like this on a percentage fee basis and most attorneys do not charge for the initial consultation.

One or more answers have been taken down.