Skip to main content

What should I do if my employer is forcing me to work with the people who sexually harassed me?

Barnesville, PA |

My employer recognizes that these people sexually harassed me (in a non physical way), but they have not relocated/reassigned the employees which means I am forced to work with them on a regular basis. What should I do?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should set up an appointment with an attorney who handles EEOC sexual discrimination cases in your state. In most states these attorneys accept cases like this on a percentage fee basis and most attorneys do not charge for the initial consultation.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

  2. In general, I agree with Attorney Madison, you should see an attorney and follow his advice. However, I do have a question. You note that your employer 'recognizes' that these people sexually harass you, you need to be clear as to how your employer 'recognizes it'. Have you complained to him and he admitted that it is occurring; or are you assuming that he knows about it? It is a small difference but an important one.

    I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must considered within that context. In addition, my comments are not intended to create a legal representation but merely to respond to the limited facts presented by the question. Any opinion herein is not meant as a precise statement of legal rights or as a recommendation of any particular course of action. A more complete legal review can be obtained through local counsel.

  3. Depends on the facts. If it was just trivial harassment, I would simply try to work with the employees, but if it was major, you need to see an employment lawyer. Sometimes it is hard to move people in a small company, so how large your employer is may be an issue.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics