What should i do if im served papers and my name is spelt wrong?

Everett, WA |

I was served small claims court papers but my name was mis spelt can i use that against the court?

Typically no. Usually, typos, referred to by the court as scrivener's errors, do not affect the legality of the claim.

information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal questions posted on Avvo Answers, information provided in Avvo Legal Guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively "Legal Information") is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon such Legal Information. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege.
Company does not select, screen, approve, endo so long as it is reasonably clear who the intended party was.