What should I do if I suspect that my disabled child is being mistreated at her school. She comes home soiled everyday.

I have tried to get help fom her school officials, my daughter has cerebal palsy and although she can talk, she cannot express her feelngs or recall what happens at all when I ask her questions. The school system that she is in has also cut back on the services that are provided for special needs children. I am just at a crossroads with what I should do and I need help ASAP!

Morrow, GA -

Erin Patricia Farley

Erin Patricia Farley

Family Law Attorney - Petaluma, CA

I am so sorry this is happening to your daughter. This is not my area of law, nor my state, so I although can not assist you with your question, I have re-tagged it so you can receive answers. I wish you and your daughter the best.

Christopher William Bennett

Christopher William Bennett

Civil Rights Attorney - Austin, TX

You should contact an attorney or special education advocate in your area. One resource you may want to consult in finding an attorney or advocate would be the COPAA (Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates) website, where you can find a listing by state of all attorneys and advocates who are COPAA members.

Related Advice