What should I do if I have a temporary restraining order on me and she keeps contacting me and saying she will drop it if I talk

Asked about 2 years ago - Mountain View, CA

I have responded back to her because she knows if the restraining order goes through, I will loose my job because I work as computer dev/ops guy for the federal government , now that she is not getting what she wants she is threatening me with saying she is going to state that I have violated the terms of the restraining order, we went to court yesterday and she got an extension, while in court she laughed at me and continued texting me all through court, she is just doing this so she can could quit her job and get unemployment and prove she quit her job due to emotional stress with proof by having the restraining order, she knows she is no danger and we have hooked up numerous times while under the restraining order because she said she was going to drop it in court.

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Richard Eric Anthony Dwyer


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do not respond to her. Keep all messages from her but don't respond. There is too much risk. Find a mutual friend to serve as an intermediary and ask them to advise her that you will need the TRO vacated before you can talk with her directly.

  2. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need an attorney. Do not destroy any of her text messages.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client... more
  3. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do not respond to her.

    You may however, file a motion to vacate the Restraining Order based
    on her contacts with you.

    If you respond, you could be arrested, charged and face jail time.

    Does this answer your question?

    henry lebensbaum, esq.

    300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

    Andover, Ma 01810



    (978) 749-3606

    I usually check email every few hours during the day.

    (by appointment only)

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more
  4. Robert Zaiden Corrado

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Why have you not sought a restraining order on her? When this happens i9n my practice this is what I do. Additionally, take proof of this inf to the DA who can help you in several ways.

  5. Richard H Wilson

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You absolutely cannot get an answer to this question on the internet. You need to talk to a local attorney confidentially about your case and proceed carefully.

    Good luck.

    Richard Wilson
    Office (408) 977-1382

    The advice provided is general in nature and is not based on any confidential communication or information... more
  6. Margaret Davalene Wilson

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You need to hire an attorney to help you with it. He may be able to file a Motion for Reconsideration to remove the restraining order.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,716 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,716 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering