What should I do if I have a bench warrant in richmond county georgia?

Asked over 2 years ago - North Augusta, SC

I was arrested for DUI and went to first court date. I did not recieve notice of second court date and missed the date and a bench warrant is now issued. I live in North Augusta, SC but warrant is in richmond county Georgia.

1. Stephan Victor Futeral

1

Answered . I would contact an attorney from that area immediately to discuss the circumstances. South Carolina is part of the interstate compact. So, if you are convicted in Georgia, then your license may also be suspended in South Carolina. Also, if you were traveling through Georgia and happen to get stopped for a traffic violation, then you will be taken into custody for the bench warrant. The problem is not going away, and eventually it will catch up with you.

2. Joseph Torri

Answered . Consult an attorney in the jurisdiction where the court is located. You need the case added to calendar to recall and quash the warrant. A local criminal defense/DUI attorney in that area should be able to assist you if you retain his or her services.

www.JoeTorriLaw.com