What should I do if I am being charged with theft of motor vehicle?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, MN

There is no reason why I should be being charged I have no DL and I am out on bail so where do they come up with this

1. Tricia Dwyer

1

1

Answered . Hello. Are you implying that you are innocent and being falsely charged with this crime? You need to have an attorney assist you and represent you. Evidence that you did not commit the crime needs to be gathered. You should remain silent and speak about this only with your attorney; you should not post details on a public website. If someone provided false information to the police, that dimension of your legal problem should be addressed. Some attorneys, myself included, are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys, myself included, will confer for free. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

2. Andrew M. Leone

1

Answered . The best piece of advice is to privately consult with an attorney about the charge. Depending on your financial status, you may qualify for a public defender.

3. Thomas C Gallagher

1

Answered . What should you do if you am being charged with theft of motor vehicle? Retain a good criminal defense lawyer, soon - and work up an effective defense. A car thief does not need a drivers license, so not having one would not be an effective defense.

4. Michael Charles Doland

1

Answered . The fact you have no drivers license has nothing to do with being charged with auto theft. Your only conversations need to be with your criminal defense attorney. Don't be sarcastic, don't be ironic, and don't talk to the police without your attorney.