What should I do if a former female friend keeps threatening me to press charges against me, for which I feel I did not do?

Bowling Green, OH |

She is threatening to charge me with harassment and try to make it a federal crime bc she lives in Texas and I live in Ohio. I may not be totally innocent, but I know that I have never ever done or said anything harmful or ill will towards her, at most I can see is that I annoyed her, but not harassed. Last week she threatened me to press charges and I told her like 3 or 4 times I would stop and she just kept going and going on about it. Then today I get another text message (which most messages from her are either facebook, texting and we have talked on the phone too) from her stating that she is pressing charges, and I haven't had any contact with her at all, she said this is because I responded to one of her friends? Makes no sense to me. Should I press charges for harassment?

Plus her friend contacted me and I just responded back to him and I later found out that everything that I told him he went and showed to her? Is that illegal? Plus I am not sure about pressing charges because I don't want charges to be pressed against me. But my friends think that she won't stop and that she will continue to do this until I block her text messages and file a report. So I am not sure what to do but it is frustrating!

Get off the cell and off the net. Just shut down the communications totally, with her, her friends, her allies -- shut it ALL down. Too much drama can result in legal consequences.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Stop communicating with her, put this nonsense behind you, and move on with your life.

But could she really press charges against me? I have never ever had anything charged against me, thats what I am really worried about, plus what do I do if she continues to text me, and they are unwanted texts, what should I do then?

As other counsel has advised, you need to cease communication with this woman. Do not fight fire with fire. Walk away.