What should I do I fell inside a leasing office ?

Aberdeen, MD |

I was sitting in a chair in a rental office talking to a lease cousulting and a big dog came with his owner on a lease toward me and I Fell out the chair and hurt my shoulder and scared my elbow after One of the Tenant ask if I was ok and was going to help me up replied I " I hurt my shoulder and it burns" .
I got up myself and tried to brush it off after getting home several hours later the pain went from my shoulder to my neck and it felt like it all over like a charlie horse . Anyway the Asst Manager never came out and said anything to me but check on the dog . I have a big bruise on my shoulder and have taken pic ? I reported to another office Manager and insisted I CHECK IT OUT WHICH IN ER RIGHT NOW

1. The fact that you fell may or may not be the fault of the apartment complex. It may or may not be the fault of the dog's owner. Consult an attorney for a thorough review of the facts to determine whether you have an actionable claim against either the apartment complex, the dog owner, or both.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

2. You should get medical treatment for your injuries. You should then set up a free consultation with a local personal injury lawyer.

3. You do not say how you were injured, so there is no way to tell who, if anyone, might be at fault. Consult with a local experienced personal injury attorney to go over the details.

4. If you fell out of the chair through no fault of anyone else's , I don't see how anyone is liable. Being frightened by a large dog on a leash is still a stretch from a liability perspective. You are always free to see a personal injury attorney to get their advice.