What should I do I fell inside a leasing office ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Aberdeen, MD

I was sitting in a chair in a rental office talking to a lease cousulting and a big dog came with his owner on a lease toward me and I Fell out the chair and hurt my shoulder and scared my elbow after One of the Tenant ask if I was ok and was going to help me up replied I " I hurt my shoulder and it burns" .
I got up myself and tried to brush it off after getting home several hours later the pain went from my shoulder to my neck and it felt like it all over like a charlie horse . Anyway the Asst Manager never came out and said anything to me but check on the dog . I have a big bruise on my shoulder and have taken pic ? I reported to another office Manager and insisted I CHECK IT OUT WHICH IN ER RIGHT NOW

1. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

2

Answered . The fact that you fell may or may not be the fault of the apartment complex. It may or may not be the fault of the dog's owner. Consult an attorney for a thorough review of the facts to determine whether you have an actionable claim against either the apartment complex, the dog owner, or both.

2. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

3

Answered . You should get medical treatment for your injuries. You should then set up a free consultation with a local personal injury lawyer.

3. Josh P Tolin

3

Answered . If you fell out of the chair through no fault of anyone else's , I don't see how anyone is liable. Being frightened by a large dog on a leash is still a stretch from a liability perspective. You are always free to see a personal injury attorney to get their advice.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

Answered . You do not say how you were injured, so there is no way to tell who, if anyone, might be at fault. Consult with a local experienced personal injury attorney to go over the details.