Skip to main content

What should I do I been charged with grand larceny,but really no evidence?

Clarksdale, MS |

First I would like to say I been charged with larceny and they have no evidence what so ever just really he say she say,but I also confess a little when the detective came out to my house to receiving maybe $175 dollars of merchandice from the person that actually did the stealing.They got over $2600 right at $2700 i only got maybe right at $200.What i don't understand how can they charged me with grand larceny when i only receive maybe $200 dollars of merchandice and they got most of everything and charging all of us with a felony i was not with them when they with sold they merchandice my job can verify that i was at work so i just want why i charged basicly seem like everything on me.

Attorney Answers 3


First of all, don't make any more statements. Anything you post here can be used against you in court if found by the police. Next, you need to get a lawyer. Depending on the investigation by the police, they can charge you with what they see fit. That is not saying those charges are necessarily proper. An attorney will advise you of your rights and help ensure you are treated fairly. Don't hesitate. Get an attorney of your choice quickly.

This creates NO attorney-client relationship and all answers are for general information. All persons are encouraged to consult with a licensed attorney of their choosing for advice specific to their need(s).

Mark as helpful


Mr. Springer is right. Don't make any more statements and hire an attorney. You want a professional standing between you and the government from here on in.

Broadly speaking, you have a right to see the prosecution's evidence against you. You and your attorney will need to figure out if it's valid evidence and moreover evaluate its strength. If it's weak you may want to consider motion practice or a trial. If it's strong you'll want to put serious thought into whether or not you should cop a deal. Get a lawyer.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Please quit making statements online and to any detectives without consulting an attorney. You are charged with a FELONY. Call a lawyer NOW you need representation and to have someone prevent you from further incriminating yourself. Feel free to contact me or other attorney's on this site

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics