What should I do about my room mate threatening my belongings, personal space, bullying me, and stalking me?

Here the past 3 to 4 months have been a living nightmare. She has been stalking me on Facebook as well as referring my person in a bad manner without cause. I feel secluded to my room because I can't even go two steps without her approaching me about something. Both of our names are on the lease. She has come in and out of my room on multiple counts without my permission, and has even bothered me while I am trying to sleep by means of slapping. She bullied me into giving her money for bills that I didn't have. It has left me in situations before where I wasn't able to eat or get around for days. She has threatened to get rid of my personal belongings, and telling me to not expect my things to be there when I get home one night. I have kept my mouth shut, but I can't any longer. Help?

Murfreesboro, TN -

Attorney Answers (3)

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Personal Injury Lawyer - Stockton, CA

why don't you seek a restraining order? See a local attorney to determine the appropriate type.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client... more
Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

I suggest you go to the local police station and discuss this matter with an officer. You could potentially be in danger.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Anthony A. Ferrante

Anthony A. Ferrante

Personal Injury Lawyer - Brooklyn, NY

I agree with the other posters. You should immediately contact the local authorities and seek some type I restraining order if you feel that you are at risk of physical harm.

Good luck.

The aforementioned opinion does not constitute legal advice and is for general informational purposes only. See an... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.