What should I do about my room mate threatening my belongings, personal space, bullying me, and stalking me?

Murfreesboro, TN |

Here the past 3 to 4 months have been a living nightmare. She has been stalking me on Facebook as well as referring my person in a bad manner without cause. I feel secluded to my room because I can't even go two steps without her approaching me about something. Both of our names are on the lease. She has come in and out of my room on multiple counts without my permission, and has even bothered me while I am trying to sleep by means of slapping. She bullied me into giving her money for bills that I didn't have. It has left me in situations before where I wasn't able to eat or get around for days. She has threatened to get rid of my personal belongings, and telling me to not expect my things to be there when I get home one night. I have kept my mouth shut, but I can't any longer. Help?

1. why don't you seek a restraining order? See a local attorney to determine the appropriate type.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

2. I suggest you go to the local police station and discuss this matter with an officer. You could potentially be in danger.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

3. I agree with the other posters. You should immediately contact the local authorities and seek some type I restraining order if you feel that you are at risk of physical harm.

The aforementioned opinion does not constitute legal advice and is for general informational purposes only. See an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction for competent legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through the within legal question and answer session.