What should i do about my boyfriend being falsely accused of assault?

Asked about 1 year ago - Corpus Christi, TX

my boyfriend is being charged with assault causing bodly injuries, the accuser is my grandmother. although he did not do such a thing because of him having past assault cases hes being charged

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

Answered . If you were a witness, you need to let his defense attorney know. If you weren't, your opinion isn't relevant.

2. Daniel Eugene Lazarine

Answered . As my colleagues have stated, you should work closely with your boyfriend's criminal defense attorney. If he has not yet retained a criminal defense attorney, then you should make that your top priority. The prosecutor will likely take this case very seriously. From what you said it sounds like a class A misdemeanor - which carries a maximum punishment of one year in county jail and/or a $4,000 fine. However, depending on the nature of the offense and your grandmother's age, the State may elect to charge your boyfriend with Injury to an Elderly Individual. It is impossible to say which degree this charge will be without knowing more details about this case. I can say that if the State proceeds on this charge, your boyfriend will be looking at a felony of some degree. In any event, you need a competent attorney to advise you and help you through this. Good luck to you and your boyfriend.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

1

Answered . Work with your boyfriend's criminal defense attorney to help uncover the truth.