Skip to main content

What should I do about a no injury car accident?

Wappingers Falls, NY |

Another driver hit my car, totalling it. Police said this person was 100% at fault. Police report and witnesses agree that I was the operator of my vehicle, but the other driver is insisting that it was my unlicensed male passenger who was driving. If the insurance company sides with their driver, can I get money for the car, tow, lost wages, etc. In court? Never had a lawyer or gone to court before. No collision on my insurance.

Where would I find a lawyer to handle this? I have spoken to a few and they said that with no injuries its not worth it to take the case. One also said that I can expect the same answer from any other lawyer. The car was worth about $10,000 and I will need another two thousand at least for the tow and storage fees, plus whatever I need to pay the lawyer.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Hire a lawyer to pursue the claim on your behalf.

  2. I agree, your best option is to hire an attorney to review and represent your interest.

  3. In one sense, if the manner of how the accident happened is that the other driver is 100 % at fault for the cause of the accident, then it really does not make a difference who was driving your car and the other driver is liable to pay for the damages either way. You are likely just facing a stall tactic by the other driver's carrier. Go to small claims court if the value of the property damage/loss is $5000. Otherwise, consult with an attorney if the loss is of greater value.

  4. If an attorney is too expensive, take him to small claims court. Good luck.

    The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

  5. Get the advice of two attorney specializing in car accidents and another attorney who specializes in criminal law.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics