What should I do about 3rd dwls charge in florida. Does anybody know a GREAT lawyer.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I just received what I think is my 3rd dwls with knowledge in Broward county Florida. I told the officer that I didn't know about the suspension but he gave me with knowledge anyways. I moved from the address on my license some time ago so any notices would have been sent there. I received two dwls charges in miamidade on 8-2007 & 11-2007, but adjudication was withheld. What am I looking at in terms of punishment, on the license side and the county court side? Can anybody recommend an excellent lawyer with all the right connections? Should I think about a public defender?

You may be able to qualify for a license in Colorado before Florida.

What does this mean, I live in Florida. But the 2 prior dwls where under my Texas license before I fully transferred to Florida

You may want to hire an attorney who specializes in traffic tickets and DWLS or each time you are going to go to jail with time. Sometimes the State has periods where you can apply for hardships.

Our office number is 561.266.9056. If you liked our response kindly vote it up. Thank You....Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. Thank You

You should immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in Broward County.

DWLS is governed under Fla. Stat. 322.34. Three DWLS with knowledge convictions (even adjudication withheld) within five years will trigger an automatic five year driver's license suspension.

An experienced criminal defense attorney MAY be able to fight the knowledge element (Motion to Dismiss), challenge the stop (Motion to Suppress), request your entrance into a diversion program or negotiate a change of charge to a No Valid Driver's License (NVDL) under Fla. Stat. 322.03. A plea to a NVDL does not trigger an automatic suspension.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns. Good Luck,

The materials and information on this web site are made available by Lyons, Snyder & Collin, P.A. for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. The transmission and receipt of information on the web site do not form or constitute an attorney-client relationship with Lyons, Snyder & Collin. Persons receiving the information on this web site should not act upon the information provided without seeking profession legal counsel.

You should not consider a public defender if you have the means to hire private counsel. If you get convicted of a 3rd DWLS in Florida you will lose your license for 5 years. You may be eligible for the DWLS PTI program that could get your case resolved in a way that doesn't affect your license.
I would like to know why your license is suspended. Can you get it back soon.
You can read more about DWLS and your defense possiblities on my website below.

A non paid traffic ticket, the suspensionwent into effect 1 day prior to getting pulled over

Matthew Phillip Konecky

Matthew Phillip Konecky

Get a reset from the clerk and a d6 clearence once you have a good license you have a better shot in court.

What is a reset? Are you talking about reseting the court date on the ticket that originally suspended my license. I already have got the d6 and cleared up my license only 3 days after dwls. Did I do the right thing? Thanks for your advice!

Matthew Phillip Konecky

Matthew Phillip Konecky

Yes you did the right thing. If you have any further questions, please call me at 954-272-6187.

DUI topics