Skip to main content

What should i do

Albany, GA |

i injured my back at work while lifting heavy parts i reported to my poc(person of contact) and told him i hurt my back lifting parts and asked could i go see the nurse and he told me the nurse was for civil service employees and said i needed to go to convient care i asked could i go and he told me no because they needed me at work so i stayed and went to the doctor the next day they gave me 3 prescriptions i returned to work and i told them my back was still hurting and they still had me lifting parts so i went 2 the ER they did x-rays n founded nothing but my back is still hurting they told me dont lift or pull anything heavy n my job told me they didnt have anything light duty for me and 2 come back when i am cleared by the doctor so i havent been to work in 2 weeks.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. What you should do is search Avvo for a workers compensation lawyer in your state, and call for a free consultation to discuss the issues.

    Click on name or picture to see profile page.

  2. From the facts stated it sounds as though you need a Worker's Compensation attorney. I would call Tom Holder at (866) 356-0860. Good luck.


    Aaron Marks
    Aaron Marks, Esq.
    The Marks Law Group, LLC
    103 W. Dearborn Circle
    Decatur, GA 30030
    404-939-1485 (ph)
    404-581-5902 (fx)

    -- ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED; DO NOT FORWARD OR DISCLOSE WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION. Communications from attorneys and their employees are confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed without the sender's express permission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Further, anything you believe to be tax advice in this communication, including attachments, cannot be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, nor does it promote, market, or recommend any transaction or tax-related matter. The Marks Law Group does not give tax advice.

  3. Look for a good worker's compensation lawyer in your area.

  4. I agree with the other responses. You should consult with a workers compensation attorney.
    Bruce R. Millar
    Millar & Mixon, LLC
    Georgia Injury Attorneys

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics