What should i do

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I was in a car accident Oct 24 2012 which i received a fractured heel the other driver hit us head on. It is now 7 months later and i still cant walk but my lawyer is say there is no medical expenses money and there is notthing they can do i will have to pay for any other medical services i need but the thing is i just was told i may need surgery cause it has not healed plus no they see something wrong with the ankle now they want me to settle fir 20,000 but i still have injuries .also the doctor i was see told me my heel was heal and told me to start walking on it so a month later i came back still on crutches and tolf him how much it hurted he send me to another doctor which took xray and seen that it was not healed and that there was something wrong with my ankle also is that medical

1. Angelo Marino Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . You say you have a lawyer, but is the lawyer experienced in personal injury cases? This is very important. I suggest you sit down with your lawyer in an office conference and question him/her on his/her experience, or look him/her up on avvo. If the lawyer cannot answer you question and or is inexperienced, seek a new lawyer with experience.

2. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

6

Answered . I tend to agree with Mr. Sweat. You should absolutely hire an experienced car accident attorney to help you receive the compensation that you deserve for your medical expenses as well other expenses resulting from the car accident. You need to protect your rights. Best of luck.

3. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

4

Answered . If you do not think your lawyer is properly representing you, you can always get another lawyer.
    To determine if the offer is fair consider the policy limits of the potential defendants and whether they have any assets a judgment might be able to reach. Consider you provable damages. Consider liability (why did the other driver hit you?)

4. Steven Mark Sweat

5

Answered . You should retain an attorney in FL immediately to determine how best to maximize your recovery.

Pro

5

Answered . Best bet is to find an experienced lawyer in your state.

6. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

1

Answered . There is not enough information to address your question. I'd need to know if the other driver has bodily injury (BI) coverage and if you have uninsured motorist (UM) coverage (which is why I advise everyone to purchase as much insurance coverage as they can afford. You must have your attorney explain exactly what is going on with your case.

On a basic level, you must handle your healthcare issues even if it costs you out-of-pocket money. Ignoring healthcare issues rarely results in the problems disappearing. They usually only get worse with time if left untreated.

7. Albert Lee Crosner

1

Answered . There is apparently a consensus of opinion that you should either sit down with your current attorney and ask him/her how many personal injury cases he has handled and what is the status of your case (why must you pay for a doctor when many doctors agree to a lien) OR find another attorney who is very experienced in personal injury claims. Your current attorney does not appear to be helping you through the process. Find a personal attorney that you can talk to and feel comfortable in doing so. Most personal injury attorneys will provide you with a free initial consultation. Good luck.