What should I do (see datails) and can the state of NH deny me a court appointed attourney?

Plaistow, NH |

I am 16 years old and being charged (as an adult) with a class b misdemeanor for disobeying a police officer. I went to help my buddys start a fire at 6:30 and left at 8. The police came around 9 (according to my freinds) and I was not there. It is an OHRV charge because they are saying I was on my dirt bike and was there at the time the police came. What should I do and can they refuse a court appointed attourney because they said I dont qualify because it is only a class b misdemeanor.

In NH, you are not entitled to a court appointed attorney if you are only charged with a Class B Misdemeanor because you cannot be sentenced to jail - only fines or loss of license. You are charged as an adult for Disobeying An Officer because it is a motor vehicle offense.

You should hire an experienced NH criminal defense attorney who practices in the court where you are facing the charge.

Sound like you can't get an attorney for the one ticket. Are you charged with another charge or obstructing an officer?

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law