What should I do (see datails) and can the state of NH deny me a court appointed attourney?

Asked about 2 years ago - Plaistow, NH

I am 16 years old and being charged (as an adult) with a class b misdemeanor for disobeying a police officer. I went to help my buddys start a fire at 6:30 and left at 8. The police came around 9 (according to my freinds) and I was not there. It is an OHRV charge because they are saying I was on my dirt bike and was there at the time the police came. What should I do and can they refuse a court appointed attourney because they said I dont qualify because it is only a class b misdemeanor.

1. Donald L. Blaszka Jr.

3

Answered . In NH, you are not entitled to a court appointed attorney if you are only charged with a Class B Misdemeanor because you cannot be sentenced to jail - only fines or loss of license. You are charged as an adult for Disobeying An Officer because it is a motor vehicle offense.

You should hire an experienced NH criminal defense attorney who practices in the court where you are facing the charge.

2. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

1

Answered . Sound like you can't get an attorney for the one ticket. Are you charged with another charge or obstructing an officer?