What should I DO? I got in to car accident and it's other drivers fault. HELP ME LAWYERS PLEASE.

San Francisco, CA |

I GOT IN TO ACCIDENT AND IT WAS OTHER DRIVERS FAULT. HE TRIED TO MAKE LEFT TURN FROM 2ND LANE AND I WAS AT FIRST LEFT LANE WHICH I INTEND TO DRIVE STRAIGHT AND OTHER DRIVER HIT ME FROM MY RIGHT PASSENGER SIDE. IT WASN'T LEFT TURN LANE EITHER FIRST OR SECOND LANES. I HAVE POLICE REPORT ALSO ACCIDENT PHOTO WHERE IT HAPPENED. I CALLED MY INSURANCE COMPANY BUT THEY SAID I HAVE ONLY LIABILITY SO THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING! I TOLD THEM IT WASN'T MY FAULT BUT NOT MUCH HELP FROM THEM. AND OTHER DRIVER CLAIMING THAT IT IS MY FAULT NOT HIS. I TRIED MANY TIMES TO CONTACT THE OTHER PARTY INSURANCE BUT THEY NEVER ANSWER THEIR PHONE OR CALL ME BACK ALSO DON'T EVEN REPLY TO MY EMAILS. AFTER ACCIDENT I HAD BACK PROBLEM TILL NOW AND I COULDN'T GO TO HOSPITAL BECAUSE I HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE AND I CAN'T PAY.

1. You really need to consult with a personal injury attorney in your state. Your fact pattern reflects you have not accomplished anything on your own. Most accident cases are taken on contingency fee and most consults are free. So you have nothing to lose in contacting an attorney about your case. You have everything to lose by trying to work it yourself.

I am only licensed in Arkansas. No part of this answer should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship.

2. You are correct that the majority if not the entire fault lies with the other driver, most likely, due to a violation of California Vehicle Code 21801(a), which requires drivers making a left hand turn to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic. You need to retain an attorney immediately. The lawyer can open a claim with the other driver's insurance carrier and file suit against the other driver, if necessary. An attorney can also assist you in finding a medical doctor that would be willing to treat you on a "lien" basis (i.e. agree to be paid at the time of settlement from the settlement proceeds). This will allow you to receive medical treatment now even without health insurance. Don't delay. A delay in retaining an attorney can hurt your case. A delay in seeking medical treatment can hinder your healing and also devalue the case as well. Our office has handled numerous left hand turn accident cases statewide.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

3. It is extremey difficult to follow what you are saying. There are many excellent personal injury attorneys in San Francisco and many are listed on AVVO. I suggest that you call one of the as soon as possible.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

4. Luckily, a couple of the lawyers who answered above have offered to help. Good luck to you.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. You seem to be in distress. Back injuries can have deleterious effects to your health. Act promptly and call one of the lawyers that offered their assistance. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.