What should i do? how can i go about this? Can i sue him?

Everett, WA |

so i was involved in a hit and run, car behind hit me, causing me to hit the vehicle in front, he then reversed and hit the car behind him. Everyone moved to the side to trade information. Once he (the drive that caused the accident) heard the police was on their way he then took off, I was then able to get very little information from the driver that he reversed into on him before he took off, but i got the license plate # and when i called the insurance card he had, they clam the car was reported sold.

Contact a lawyer immediately and give them the insurance card and the plate number to investigate. They can locate the registered owner and go from there.

I'm looking for an attorney, but everyone is sending me in circles. I have the guys plates but when i called his insurance that he "Had" they said the car was sold and was no longer under the policy. My insurance is not much help either, since i do not have much information on the guy. The officer that arrived on seen was not much help, all she said was fill this out and send it, no reports were made so today i am going to meet up with a police officer to take my report down, im sill stuck in the i don't know what to do.... thank you for your help.

You have many options. First, I would suggest you obtain the police report. Second, you need to report this matter to your insurance company to see if you have uninsured/underinsured insurance coverage. If I were handling the case I would probably get my investigator to look into the facts a bit more. I recently had a case similar to this in Seattle and was able to get my client a great settlement from their own insurance policy. Generally when a client comes in to see me in a situation like this I will give them a free consultation. One other source of recovery for you might be victims of crime since you appear to be a victim of a hit and run driver. You need a lawyer, and you need one quick in situations like this the evidence can quickly disappear. Act Fast!

Communication through AVVO does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.

When the police had arrived she was not helpful, all she did was give me a collision report to fill out, i then called the police department and there was no records of the accident, I have the guys name and DL number, and now his birthday, since the car was reported sold the car had no insurance, my insurance is not helping because there is not much info on the guy, i just have liability. Everyone is telling me to go to small clams court? Im meeting up with the police today to get a statement down, because one was not filed.

Evan Matthew Oshan

Evan Matthew Oshan

You can also file the report yourself. If it were my case I would get my private investigator involved to dig into the facts.

Cant affored them

It is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible to review all issues and to obtain any possible evidence. With the license plate number, your attorney would be able to determine the owner of the vehicle.

If the car was truly stolen, was there a report filed prior to the accident? It sounds strange that a guy who just stole a car would even stop for an accident as opposed to flee the scene. I mean, think about it, why would a guy who stole a car even stop and risk getting identified in a car he just stole? Is this a car thief with a modicum of morality? I doubt it, and I suspect mthe owner of the car is spinning this tale to avoid responsibility because he may not have insurance. If this the case, then you will need to turn this in to your own carrier under your uninsured motorist coverage. When we handle these types of cases, we make sure to investigate the at fault owners claim the car was stolen, because most of the time it is just a story the owner is spinning on the hope they can avoid responsibility for their negligence. Finding the truth and exposing it is very important in these cases to preserve your rights under your underinsured motorist policy.

Sounds fishy. Retain a local car accident lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com