What should I do?

Belmont, MA |

My friend was drunk and concussed. I put her in a recovery position, checked her pupils for proper dilation. After about an hour, 911 was called. I left before ambulance came. Was called in for questioning. Because i knew the bum who got the booze better than everyone else, the other kids accused me as the connection to the bum. Was called in for questioning. Waived miranda rights. Today was just called for another bout of questioning. Agreed to. It is in a few days.

I agree with my brothers and sisters responses with one caveat. Do not have your parents help you, only an attorney. if you speak with the police with your parents present all confidentiality is waived and parents do not know what they are doing. they always believe in telling the truth to the nice police officers who are lying to their face about how the best thing for you is to come clean. It is not. Parents just get you in more trouble because your lawyer can't argue you were coerced. Do not meet with the police. Do not bring your parents. Have your parents get you a lawyer and do what the lawyer says.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Very Good Advice

You have probably made worrisome admissions to the police. I suggest you immediately consult with a criminal defense attorney, who from now on will deal with the police on your behalf.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Outstanding advice

You need to consult with a local criminal defense attorney. He or she can help you deal with law enforcement and/or future ramifications

Hie a lawyer. Today. Procuring and possessing alcohol as a minor (which I presume you are) can have serious criminal consequences for you. If you are 17 or older, you will be charged as an adult if the police decide to prosecute the matter. You may face a range of penalties from probation to community service to a fine and loss of license. You should not speak to the police without consulting with an attorney first. You already spoke with them once without an attorney but I would strongly urge you to cancel the scheduled meeting that you have with the police until you have retained an attorney or at least consulted with one. If you can't afford one, ask your parents for help. Your parents may not be pleased with you, but they may be able to help you through this process. Remember, despite what the police are telling you, they are not looking out for your best interests. They are allowed to lie to you and deceive you during the process of questioning you if it furthers their goals.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only and it is not intended as legal advice. Additionally, this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you wish to obtain legal advice specific to your case, please consult with a local attorney.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Always great advice

Hire a lawyer and do not speak to the police. The police will try to trick you into making admissions. Procuring alcohol for a minor is a serious charge and it sounds like your friend may have been seriously hurt.

DO NOT SPEAK TO THE POLICE.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Great counsel