What should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rockport, TX

I was recently charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. I was in my own house and had asked 2 people who do not live there to leave. They were a wanted pedophile and his mother helping my sister inlaw move out and they were taking things that did not belong to them( stealing). They refused to leave after several times telling them to do so. I then went to my room and got my gun( no bullets or clip in the gun) and said now will u leave. I never pointed the gun directly at them, just showed what it was then sat it aside on the table. They left n called the police. After being ledoff, the cops allowed them to return into my residence. I'm now out on bail and looking at a room empty of items that were stolen. What are my options to defend myself from the charges?

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . It doesn't matter that the gun wasn't loaded or that you didn't point it directly at them. It will help that you were in your own home. You need to consult criminal defense attorneys in your area. Most offer free consultations. I would start calling around as soon as possible.

2. William Peter Daley

5

Answered . The first thing to do is to NOT discuss any more facts of this case anywhere on the Internet. Anything you say on any website can be used against you by the prosecutor in the case.
    The next thing you need to do is to contact one of the local Avvo criminal defense attorneys in your area. Most attorneys on Avvo will give you a free 30 minute consultation to discuss the facts of the case and the defenses that are available. These are serious charges. Good luck with this situation.

www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

3. David B Pittman

Pro

4

Answered . This is serious. You need to get a criminal lawyer ASAP. I agree with my colleague about not posting any more incriminating information on a public site. Only speak to your lawyer.

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . STOP POSTING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SITUATION ON A PUBLIC CHAT BOARD!!