Skip to main content

What should I do?

Rockport, TX |

I was recently charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. I was in my own house and had asked 2 people who do not live there to leave. They were a wanted pedophile and his mother helping my sister inlaw move out and they were taking things that did not belong to them( stealing). They refused to leave after several times telling them to do so. I then went to my room and got my gun( no bullets or clip in the gun) and said now will u leave. I never pointed the gun directly at them, just showed what it was then sat it aside on the table. They left n called the police. After being ledoff, the cops allowed them to return into my residence. I'm now out on bail and looking at a room empty of items that were stolen. What are my options to defend myself from the charges?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The first thing to do is to NOT discuss any more facts of this case anywhere on the Internet. Anything you say on any website can be used against you by the prosecutor in the case.
The next thing you need to do is to contact one of the local Avvo criminal defense attorneys in your area. Most attorneys on Avvo will give you a free 30 minute consultation to discuss the facts of the case and the defenses that are available. These are serious charges. Good luck with this situation.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at


This is serious. You need to get a criminal lawyer ASAP. I agree with my colleague about not posting any more incriminating information on a public site. Only speak to your lawyer.


It doesn't matter that the gun wasn't loaded or that you didn't point it directly at them. It will help that you were in your own home. You need to consult criminal defense attorneys in your area. Most offer free consultations. I would start calling around as soon as possible.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.



In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer