What should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lauderhill, FL

On Sept. 22, I was involved in a car accident. The driver of that vehicle received a citation.
I had taken the car to the Dealer where I purchased the car (Toyota) to do the repairs. The insurance company sent an appraiser out he gave an estimate of $1,298.21 and the body shop started the repairs. The shop than found more damage the crash had broken the passenger tail light and let water fill up the battery compartment and shorted out the battery and all the display panel in the dash. The insurance adjuster went out again to look at it and determined that it was not caused from the accident. The shop is saying it was caused by the accident. . I know the shop is right because the display went out in the crash. That is what made the car not drivable or I would be dri

1. James Lawrence Magazine

10

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Terrence Marc Rubino

Pro

9

Answered . for starters do not sign a property damage release to the other insurance co until you are satisfied. assuming you have collision coverage, go through your insurance company. it will cost you the deductible but your co will go after the other co for its money and your deductible. if you do not have collision coverage or it is too late to use it, you will have to pay for the repairs and then sue the other driver in small claims for the true damage costs. if the other co won't pay anything until you sign a release and you can't use your collision coverage, then you are either going to have to pay the reapir bill yourself and sue or be stuck taking what the ins offers. otherwise the body shop likely isn't going to release your car without payment in full. good luck

3. Michael Shemtoub

7

Answered . I am guessing it was the other parties insurance adjuster who does not want to add the new expenses to the bill. I would suggest you get legal advise to make sure your car is fixed properly. At times, insurance companies are more willing to deal with attorneys then an individual.

Pro

5

Answered . Insurance companies like to pay people less than they should. Insist on the adjuster paying for all the damages, and don't sign anything until they fix your car properly.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com