What should I bring to my infopass appointment?

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I recently received my green card but unfortunatley my country of birth is wrong so I sent it back to USCIS for correction. I received a receipt for I-90 on October 17th. I scheduled an infopass tomorrow to talk to an officer because I need some proof of permanent residency to get my driver license renewed. What should I bring to the infopass and should I expect another biometrics appointment soon? Thank you very much for your time.

Bring the I-90 receipt, the Infopass appointment print out and your ID, preferably a passport. Yes, as my colleague pointed out you will most probably be re-scheduled for another biometrics appointment although if your prints are still vakid (12 months) USCIS may skip another biometrics appointment and simply issue the corrected card issued for free based on Service Error.

2. You need to take an ID and the appointment letter. Yes, you will get another biometrics appointment to get your replacement green card.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

3. I agree with all of the above.

This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com