What should i answer to this question for a background check for a new job if i had a Dui?

Crystal Lake, IL |

Have you ever been convicted, pled "guilty" or "no contest" or otherwise admitted guilt (including participation in first time offender program) as an adult to any felony or misdemeanor?

Dui was more than 2 yrs ago resulted in court supervision and marked as "stricken off" in court records

Be honest and deal with it head on. Hopefully
It was your only incident and your employer should not think it is that big of a deal.

You have to tell the truth and if you were court supervised you either pleaded guilty or were found guilty whether it was stricken from the record or not. Hope that's helpful

Seems like this question is extremely specific. They want to know everything. If you were held responsible. If you lie and they do a background check, it will be disastrous.

I'd answer as truthfully as possible which would be admitting the disposition.

I am licensed attorney who focuses on Serious DUI Cases such a 2nd DUIs, 3rd DUIs, 4th DUIs, and Felony DUIs and DMV hearings. I also have much experience handling car accident cases. Although the information I provide is helpful, it is not legal advice. If your case is in California or Washington, you can call me for specific legal advice on your case free of charge. Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers. Do NOT include any direct solicitations or contact information.

You have to answer yes because you plead guilty. It will show up in a background check.

Recommended articles about Employment