Skip to main content

What should I answer in the ds-160 regarding reimbursing Public Schools attended?

Franklin, TN |
Filed under: US visas Education law

The questions states:

Have you attended a public elementary school on student (F) status or a public secondary school after November 30, 1996 without reimbursing the school?

Facts: Studied Elementary, Jr. High and Hight School form 1991-2001. I know my parents paid any fees (many were not large fees but small school fees)

What Reimbursement does this refer to? How Can I know if I owe anything?

Attorney Answers 1


You may own some if you attended public school, and you were in the US on an F visa. You cannot get an F visa for public school without paying the full tuition.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

Mark as helpful

8 found this helpful

1 comment



The Visa was an F-2 D/S - How can I know how much is owed if any?

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics