Skip to main content

What should he do?

Raeford, NC |

My boyfriend just got a speeding ticket for going 57 in a 45, he is recently on unsupervised probation but has the chance to just pay the ticket off. Should he hire a lawyer & go to court or just avoid it all by paying for the ticket?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If he pays the ticket, his insurance will increase. He should hire a lawyer. His probation should not be affected either way.

  2. I agree with the previous answer. I traffic infraction is not typically a probation violation as it is not a criminal matter. He most certainly should NOT simply pay the ticket. What he needs to do will depend on his driving record over the previous three year period, but he has options other than simply paying the ticket. If he has a clean driving record, he may be able to speak with the DA personally and have the charge reduced. However, if there is anything on his record in the previous three years, I would advise him to hire a traffic attorney to assist him. Good luck.

    <a href="">Fred Amos</a> provides legal representation in Wake County, North Carolina. Any answer provided through this discussion board is a general response to the question and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to this question does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always seek the advice of a lawyer directly to address your specific circumstances. Free consultation and flexible payment plans for <a href="">DWI's</a>. Call 919-803-7208.

  3. Depending on what county he was in, he may be able to get an improper equipment - which carries no points. Do not just pay it off.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics