What should be expected after receiving a phone call from an officer investigating sexual harassment? (messages on Facebook)

Asked about 1 year ago - Prince William, VA

I came across a woman that I used to chat with online (a few years back we talked about meeting up to hook up and exchanges sexual pictures) I sent her two of the pictures she sent me and made sexual comments. She replied that she was married now and not interested, but we continued exchanging messages because she claims she didn't know how I got the pictures and wanted to know how I got them. I'm unsure if she was lying about not knowing me because someone was watching. She continued to claim she didn't remember me, and during one of our exchanges I sent a sexual picture while we were exchanging about meeting up. I found out later she didn't plan to meet and was fishing for info. She had an officer read the chat and file a report. How long is the wait to find out if I am being charged?

1. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . The best advice is to set up an appointment with a criminal defense attorney who knows what they are doing. I, personally, lean toward former prosecutors. Good luck, my friend. Never send obscene photos to anyone.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . Without delay, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney. Immediately. Don't wait to see what happens and don't talk to anyone except a lawyer that you retain, that has your interests in mind. Don't make any further communications with any law enforcement or this woman. Get an attorney, fast, and defend yourself.

3. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

Answered . If you are being contacted by the police you need to tell them you will be happy to speak to them in the presence of your attorney.

Get yourself a good criminal defense attorney who has experience in cyber crime.