What should be expected after receiving a phone call from an officer investigating sexual harassment? (messages on Facebook)

Prince William, VA |

I came across a woman that I used to chat with online (a few years back we talked about meeting up to hook up and exchanges sexual pictures) I sent her two of the pictures she sent me and made sexual comments. She replied that she was married now and not interested, but we continued exchanging messages because she claims she didn't know how I got the pictures and wanted to know how I got them. I'm unsure if she was lying about not knowing me because someone was watching. She continued to claim she didn't remember me, and during one of our exchanges I sent a sexual picture while we were exchanging about meeting up. I found out later she didn't plan to meet and was fishing for info. She had an officer read the chat and file a report. How long is the wait to find out if I am being charged?

The best advice is to set up an appointment with a criminal defense attorney who knows what they are doing. I, personally, lean toward former prosecutors. Good luck, my friend. Never send obscene photos to anyone.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

If you are being contacted by the police you need to tell them you will be happy to speak to them in the presence of your attorney.

Get yourself a good criminal defense attorney who has experience in cyber crime.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

Without delay, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney. Immediately. Don't wait to see what happens and don't talk to anyone except a lawyer that you retain, that has your interests in mind. Don't make any further communications with any law enforcement or this woman. Get an attorney, fast, and defend yourself.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia