What should a caregiver do after being physically abused by the client?

Asked about 1 year ago - Mount Prospect, IL

I am a caregiver, the man who i care for physically abused me by hitting me in my face, arms and kicked me. The agency gave me workers compensation for the hospital check up. I lost my income during this time and still have aches and pains all over my body. Now I am emotionally and physically not able to work, but I have my rent due and other bills to pay, and I had to start working again.

1. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

5

1

Answered . Contact a workers' compensation lawyer and also file a police report.

There are three types of benefits to which you're entitled under comp but not all of what you mention is compensable.

I gave your contact info to Jayne Schreiber and Marianne Deagle of Loyola Career Services. I've spoken to students there and they want to set up a meet/greet/network event with some of their students and solos I know. No pressure. If you aren't interested, no problem. Just giving you the heads up of they contact you.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    stephen@hofflawyer.com
    www.hofflawyer.com

2. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

3

1

Answered . This is a Workman's Comp question or personal injury. You are seeking money damages right?

3. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

2

Answered . Unlike auto cases, there are NO Illinois WC cases where you do not benefit from consulting an attorney, immediately.

As long as your doctor says you are NOT able to work, you are entitled to TTD (weekly pay through Workers' Compensation) so it is not possible for you to have needed money.

4. John M Connell

Pro

2

Answered . You have a workers compensation claim that you can pursue and also potentially a personal injury claim. Talk to an attorney that does both in their office