What sentence should D expect for "burglary" ( ie opening door to stepdaughter's father's house, and getting into a fight)?

Fort Worth, TX |

D has often picked up stephdaughter and father has often entered house of stephfather and mother's house. No problems before.

1. A person's sentence depends on a variety of factors (i.e., the underlying facts, any prior convictions, etc.). It is unclear whether or not you have hired a lawyer, were appointed a lawyer, or pled guilty. If you have not hired a lawyer, I would strongly recommend you do so now. Burglary is a serious offense and you need legal representation.

This answer is pro­vided as a pub­lic ser­vice and as a gen­eral response to a gen­eral ques­tion, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as spe­cific legal advice, nor does it cre­ate an attorney-client relationship.

2. There is no expected sentence. Options may include dismissal, plead to a lesser charge, probation, or jail time. It depends heavily on the facts of the case and the actions taken by the attorney. Have D speak with his/her attorney. If D does not have an attorney, then D needs one.

This statement is intended for general information and does not form at attorney/client relationship. If interested in representation please contact me at (817) 870-9885 to schedule a consultation.