What's the waiting time after the biometrics appointment for deferred action?

Clarks Summit, PA |
Filed under: Deferred action

I went for my biometrics appointment almost four weeks ago this Friday. I haven't heard anything back. I checked my "case status" on the website and it is still under "initial review". Why is it taking so long for me to hear back from them? Should I be concerned? Or is it part of the process?

DACA Applications are in the early stages of being adjudicated by USCIS. Because this is a new process, the turn around time for these applications has been slow. As an example, certain applications filed in August are only now being reviewed and approved.

Did you file a concurrent I-765 with your 821D application? If you did, the normal turn around time for those applications is ninety days. If you pass the ninetieth day without any word, you may contact USCIS and determine if they can provide you any additional information.

I know the wait is difficult, but it is normal under the current circumstances.

USCIS does not act fast.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

The Service Centers have not posted waiting times for DACA applications but in our office, we have been getting decisions within 2 1/2- 3 1/2 months from filing.

Luz Eliana Phelps

Luz Eliana Phelps

I agree with the statement and it varies. Really all depends in my practice it has been as fast as 2 months in a half and sometimes for unknown reasons it has taken up to 5 months. I really think that is because it has been not too long since the program has been established but I believe that as with all other type of applications time will make it better. Hopefully.

Recommended articles about Immigration