What's the waiting time after the biometrics appointment for deferred action?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clarks Summit, PA

I went for my biometrics appointment almost four weeks ago this Friday. I haven't heard anything back. I checked my "case status" on the website and it is still under "initial review". Why is it taking so long for me to hear back from them? Should I be concerned? Or is it part of the process?

1. William J Quirk

Pro

14

2

Answered . DACA Applications are in the early stages of being adjudicated by USCIS. Because this is a new process, the turn around time for these applications has been slow. As an example, certain applications filed in August are only now being reviewed and approved.

Did you file a concurrent I-765 with your 821D application? If you did, the normal turn around time for those applications is ninety days. If you pass the ninetieth day without any word, you may contact USCIS and determine if they can provide you any additional information.

I know the wait is difficult, but it is normal under the current circumstances.

2. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

10

2

Answered . The Service Centers have not posted waiting times for DACA applications but in our office, we have been getting decisions within 2 1/2- 3 1/2 months from filing.

3. J Charles Ferrari

12

1

Answered . USCIS does not act fast.