What's the process to get my license reinstated with full privledges, and can it be done from another state?

Blue Ball, PA |

I got my 2nd DUI in Illinois is 2007 - license revoked. Satisfied all sentence terms except fines -$1700.00 which went to "collection". I also moved to Pennsylvania which compounds the situation. I've srastically changed my life since then. I'm a sober Christian working in ministry helping others restore their lives in the same way. I have backup for the case from the ministry: Pastor, mentor, etc. (letters and such)

1. Unfortunately, Pennsylvania cannot issue a license to you while you are suspended/revoked in another state. The first step in the process is to try to resolve your license issues in Illinois.

I suggest you repost the question and change your location to Illinois. In that way, an Illinois lawyer will be more likely to view your question and provide a more comprehensive response.

2. Your ability to secure a Pennsylvania license will remain in limbo until you have satisfied the requirements in Illinois. It is suggested you go back to the attorney who represented you there to resolve this.

3. I'm as usual in agreement with Attorneys Morgan and Keller. You will get no relief here in PA until the Illinois issues are completely resolved which will undoubtedly require the assistance of an attorney licensed in that state. It's conceivable that all you need is guidance on what you yourself can accomplish in that regard; reposting to Illinois lawyers or contacting your previous counsel there are both excellent ideas. Good luck.