What's the process for appealing my immigration visa denial?

Franklin, TN |

I'm not sure why I was denied, and don't know how to find out.

.

1. Where denied? Who petitioned you? You may not be able to appeal

2. Visa application denials cannot be appealed. In some cases the denial of petitions, waivers or other supplemental things can be appealed. In visa cases, all that remains is to re-apply or seek consular review of the denial, which is completely discretionary and usually hopeless.

Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney
    www.wolfklaw.com
    951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

3. If you visa was denied at the US consulate you can not appeal. This is knownw as the doctricne of consular non review-ability

You are using "terms of art" , so to obtain a clear answer, consult an attorney .

If you "like" this answer, please visit our website www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

4. What appellate options depend upon what type of visa you were applying for and where the application occurred. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.

-----------
    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
    email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
    web: www.devorelawgroup.com