What's the next step and what paperwork is needed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Long Beach, CA

My wife and I divorced a year ago. We both signed the settlement paperwork but the day of court I had to fly out and was unable to file/finish the rest of the paperwork. My ex said that she would come back to the courthouse and finish doing the paperwork the next day. My ex never came back to court to do the paperwork. Being that she never showed up to do the paperwork she and I are still married according to the court. I have a copy of the settlement agreement, what forms or paperwork do I have to fill out in order for this divorce to be finalized?

1. Donald Frederick Conviser

4

Answered . Go to the Self-Help Clinic at the Court for assistance by a volunteer lawyer - or retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to finish the case for you.

2. Erik Wayland Newton

Pro

2

1

Answered . I just posted a guide on the topic of paperwork. Take a look, it might help you understand the various stages of the process:

3. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

Answered . It depends on how the case is concluding? Is it a default by stipulation, stipulated judgment, marital settlement agreement, judgment after trial, summary dissolution? Basically the forms remain the same, but these are questions that I would ask a friend if they were asking me so that the Judgment doesnt get kicked back.