What's the minimum for violation of probation in GA?

Douglasville, GA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I violated my probation because I failed my drug test. I now have a probation hearing.

The minimum that you face is being placed back on reporting probation. The maximum you face is the possibility of having your probation revoked and the Judge could sentence you to the balance remaining on your probation. If you are on First Offender Probation, this status could be revoked, you would be adjudicated guilty (meaning you would be a convicted felon) and you could be re-sentenced pursuant to First Offender sentencing guidelines. You need to retain a local attorney to help you prepare your case to keep you out of jail.

Best Regards

PLEASE NOTE: THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes on a general website comment page only. Actual legal advice from this office can only be provided after consultation directly in person with an attorney from our office. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.