What's the maximum sentence for wanton endangerment 2nd degree

Asked almost 2 years ago - Providence, KY

My eleven yr old daughter ran a stop sign and hit a moving vehicle in the side,and they said I'm at fault cause she was unsupervised?

1. Michael William Bouldin

1

Answered . I concur with attorney Mascagni. That said, there is also a possibility of civil liability as you are responsible for damage caused by your children. Your insurance should cover this if any damage. I don't understand, was the 11 year old driving? If so, there will also likely be a CHFS investigation. Wanton Endangerment may also affect your custody rights and you should discuss those consequences prior to any criminal plea.

2. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . Wanton Endangerment II is a crime in KY: it is a Class A misdemeanor: up to 365 days in jail and/or a max. fine of up to $500.00, plus court costs of about $135.00.

Kentucky Revised Statutes

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE

Chapter 508. ASSAULT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Current through 2012 First Extraordinary Session

ยง 508.070. Wanton endangerment in the second degree

(1) A person is guilty of wanton endangerment in the second degree when he wantonly engages in conduct which creates a substantial danger of physical injury to another person.

(2) Wanton endangerment in the second degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

Cite as KRS 508.070

History. Effective: January 1, 1975
    Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 71, effective January 1, 1975.