What's the maximum sentence for wanton endangerment 2nd degree

Providence, KY |

My eleven yr old daughter ran a stop sign and hit a moving vehicle in the side,and they said I'm at fault cause she was unsupervised?

Wanton Endangerment II is a crime in KY: it is a Class A misdemeanor: up to 365 days in jail and/or a max. fine of up to $500.00, plus court costs of about $135.00.

Kentucky Revised Statutes

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE

Chapter 508. ASSAULT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Current through 2012 First Extraordinary Session

§ 508.070. Wanton endangerment in the second degree

(1) A person is guilty of wanton endangerment in the second degree when he wantonly engages in conduct which creates a substantial danger of physical injury to another person.

(2) Wanton endangerment in the second degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

Cite as KRS 508.070

History. Effective: January 1, 1975
Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 71, effective January 1, 1975.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

I concur with attorney Mascagni. That said, there is also a possibility of civil liability as you are responsible for damage caused by your children. Your insurance should cover this if any damage. I don't understand, was the 11 year old driving? If so, there will also likely be a CHFS investigation. Wanton Endangerment may also affect your custody rights and you should discuss those consequences prior to any criminal plea.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.

No she was not driving she was riding a scooter,ran a stop sign,and hit on oncoming vehicle in the side.