What's the maximum penalty for a class c misdemeanor in Pennsylvania?

Chambersburg, PA |

I was sent a letter in the mail being charged with 3 traffic violations that i have to go to court for. I've never been to court before, What should I expect to happen? The paper says that they are class c misdemeanors.

1. Are you sure these offenses occurred in Pennsylvania? PA describes misdemeanors by 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree as opposed to A,B, C.

2. It looks like you were driving outside Pennsylvania. Attorney Doyle is correct. There are also ungraded misdemeanors, but no A, B, or C.

3. Pennsylvania does not have Class A,B, or C misdemeanors. Pennsylvania only has 1st degree, 2nd degree, and 3rd degree. If you would like I can provide you with the max. penalties the misdemeanors I have just mentioned.

Michael Kotik Attorney at Law.

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from Legalphilly.com/Michael Kotik, P.C. The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Law Office of Michael Kotik, P.C., | www.LegalPhilly.com | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102

Traffic tickets topics