What's the maximum penalty for a class c misdemeanor in Pennsylvania?

Asked about 2 years ago - Chambersburg, PA

I was sent a letter in the mail being charged with 3 traffic violations that i have to go to court for. I've never been to court before, What should I expect to happen? The paper says that they are class c misdemeanors.

1. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

5

Answered . Are you sure these offenses occurred in Pennsylvania? PA describes misdemeanors by 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree as opposed to A,B, C.

2. Peter Charles Amuso

3

Answered . It looks like you were driving outside Pennsylvania. Attorney Doyle is correct. There are also ungraded misdemeanors, but no A, B, or C.

3. Michael Kotik

Pro

2

Answered . Pennsylvania does not have Class A,B, or C misdemeanors. Pennsylvania only has 1st degree, 2nd degree, and 3rd degree. If you would like I can provide you with the max. penalties the misdemeanors I have just mentioned.

Michael Kotik Attorney at Law.