What's the best way to find a prenup lawyer?

Washington, DC |
Filed under: Prenuptial agreement

My fiancée and I are on the same page about a prenuptial agreement and I have a lawyer who will draft a prenup for me. I am hoping she can retain counsel soon but am unsure of how to go about finding a lawyer.

Firstly, I have no experience with searching for a lawyer even for myself. My prenup lawyer was recommended to me, and I am hesitant to get too involved in my fiancée's search since I've been told she should be the one obtaining her own legal representation.

She and I have had several lengthy discussions about a prenup and ensuing details, I'm trying to keep costs down by having us agree to as much as possible before involving lawyers. We have had no disagreement, and we simply want her lawyer to explain the draft prenup and after thinking it over, sign it with her.

Any advice?

1. Your attorney can give you a list of three attorneys for your fiancee to choose from.
    As long as your fiancee has independent counsel-you will be fine.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Prenuptial agreement topics