What's the best outcome of a 3rd degree felony POCS that I can hope to receive?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

ZERO priors, first ever arrest, outside of traffic ticket warrants, very little money so using court appointed attorney, coupled with shoplifting case, total weight of methamphetamine, as stated in the police report, is 1.18, happened back on july 22, 2012 and still waiting to find out what my options could even be and lastly is pretrial diversion the best route to go with if its offered???

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

5

Answered . The best possible outcome is a dismissal or an acquittal at trial. The worst possible outcome is ten years in prison. And there are at least a dozen other outcomes in between. If pretrial diversion is offered, it's a good option because it guarantees a dismissal. However, the program are often very intense so be realistic about your ability to be successful on it before you sign up.

2. David N. Smith

2

Answered . As always, it depends on the details. In Travis County, pretrial diversion is a good way to go.