What's my best course of action? I was driving my car that didn't have plates or insurance and got pulled over.

Asked over 1 year ago - Belmont, CA

I was unable to pay the fines for the two tickets I received and now have a suspended license. I called the two counties and the fees add up to a bit over $3200. I am unable to pay these in full to get my license back, but need it in order to register my car, which I need to get to my job. There are buses that will take me to my job, but none that will bring me home, they don't run late enough. Is there a way to get my license back quickly?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can go in and ask for a payment plan and ask that it be released. Depending on the judge, they might do it.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more
  2. Michael J Silveira


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Which counties are the tickets from? If they are from San Mateo or San Francisco, contact me for a free case evaluation. There is a good chance I can have your fines dramatically reduced and lift the hold on your license.

Related Topics

Fines for criminal conviction

Courts impose fines as a punishment that also provides restitution to victims and/or the government. Fines may be imposed alone or in addition to prison time.

Vache E Bahadurian

Suspended License Ticket

A common case in the Municipal Courts of New Jersey is a driver being accused of Driving a Motor Vehicle while their Driver's License is Suspended or Revoked. Thousands of individuals are... more

License suspension for traffic tickets

License suspension is one type of traffic violation penalty, usually imposed for serious traffic violations or for repeated minor violations.

James Alexander Abate

Driving While Suspended 39:3-40

Driving is a privilege most individuals take for granted. If your license is suspended, you may not operate a motor vehicle. Too often I meet individuals who have their lives ruined because... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,928 answers this week

3,563 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,928 answers this week

3,563 attorneys answering