What's a reasonable price for an attorney to charge to help me file for my husbands adjustment of status?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My husband and I married March 15, 2013. We want to start on the process of getting him residency. He entered the US with a Visa but overstayed it. He's been in the US for 12 years now. He has no criminal record and hasnt returned to Mexico ever since he has been in the US. I'm 19 he is 21. I want to know an average of how much a lawyer charges before making a wrong decision. Thanks!

1. Alejandro E. Garcia

Pro

Answered . Are you a US citizen? Has anyone ever filed a petition for him before, and when? Without knowing that information it is impossible to tell whether he qualifies to fix his status without having to leave the U.S. Thus, it is hard to tell exactly what legal services you need. You're probably looking at anywhere from $1500 to $5000 in attorney fees.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Different attorney have different fees.