What's a reasonable price for an attorney to charge to help me file for my husbands adjustment of status?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My husband and I married March 15, 2013. We want to start on the process of getting him residency. He entered the US with a Visa but overstayed it. He's been in the US for 12 years now. He has no criminal record and hasnt returned to Mexico ever since he has been in the US. I'm 19 he is 21. I want to know an average of how much a lawyer charges before making a wrong decision. Thanks!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Alejandro E. Garcia


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Are you a US citizen? Has anyone ever filed a petition for him before, and when? Without knowing that information it is impossible to tell whether he qualifies to fix his status without having to leave the U.S. Thus, it is hard to tell exactly what legal services you need. You're probably looking at anywhere from $1500 to $5000 in attorney fees.

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Different attorney have different fees.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,073 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,073 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering