Skip to main content

What rights do I have with my 16yr old pregnant daughter in Colorado. The daddy of her baby was 18 at the time of conception.

Denver, CO |

I want to know if she wants to live with him at 16 is it legal? What rights to I have with her education? Can I make her stay in school?

Attorney Answers 1


You remain her parent and have the normal parental rights. She is not yet legally emancipated. You can certainly insist that she remain in school although that may be difficult to enforce if she refuses.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics