What rights do I have against Child Protection Service?

Asked about 2 years ago - Wellsville, NY

My daughter is dating a 21 year old and she is 16. They are getting married next month. Child Protection Services called us up to the police station and told us that he could not live with us. Nothing sexual has happened between them. Do they have a right to remove someone from the household without a court order?

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

Answered . That depends upon the circumstances - but sometimes yes.

2. Virginia Giselle Alvarez

Answered . It is possible. What you do not mention is whether there is a history of CPS involvement. This matter may blow up into a greater issue and if you have other children they could be affected.n consult local counsel as to options.