What rights do I (father) have when parenting plan is not being followed and the ex has her boyfriend doing all the talking?

Asked over 1 year ago - Snoqualmie, WA

Background:

Petitioner: Mother
Respondent: Father
Child: Son

My son's mother's fiance is responding after she forwards emails to him from me regarding our son to everything. The latest topic was that I emailed her Sunday to start the JOINT DECISION discussion about preschool for our son. However, she forwarded that to her fiance after telling me that she and he have already provisioned schooling and will communicate the schedule once it commences. I pointed out that decisions such as this need to be between mother and father JOINTLY. He responded by saying that I MUST stop emailing with her and only for emergencies when my son is in my care and if I do otherwise, he will file a harassment order to protect my son and his fiance from me. I feel at a loss. What advice can someone give?

I also want to add that the fiance of my son's mother continues to speak for her. I email her and her only, but then she forwards the emails to a shared email account that he and her share to which then he takes over and communicates. I have made it clear that communication is to be between mother and father. It is great that my son has people whom love him, but when it comes to parenting, it ought to be between mother and father. It states it in the parenting plan. It states that MAJOR DECISIONS such as schooling be made JOINTLY between "the parents". That would be her and I, yes?

1. Answered . If the mom is not jointly making decision per the parenting plan, she may be in contempt of court. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on parenting plans and joint decision making for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although these Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”.

2. Answered . Why are you speaking to him at all -- he's not a party to the action. If she is not following the PP, file a motion for contempt. Why are you letting her call the shots? Assert your rights!