What rights do grandparents have if they haven't seen there grandchild in 4 years?

Chatsworth, CA |

My sons has not seen his father or anyone from his dads side of the family in over four years. The grandmother my ex's mom, calls my moms house. Wanting to meet up and see her grandson. She goes through my mom my mom goes through me. I decide the best thing to do is not meet. I'm in a good place right now with my son. We don't need any stress or drama. I let my mom inform her right now is just not a good time.
Now the grandma from my ex is asking for my address home/place of work so she can have me served.
Should I get a lawyer? Its not my sons dad asking to see him. Its his mother who wants to see him.

Get a lawyer. Grandparents dont actually have rights since a case called Troxel and a line of cases that came after; but there is a California statute for grandparent visitation. My concern is that apparently bio dad doesnt have your address, which may constitute child concealment.

The answers on this discussion board are general in nature and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to questions does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always see a lawyer about your individual situation.

my son was born in 2004. His father was out of his life a few months after his birth. in 2008 I get invited to the wedding of his sister. August of 2008 was the last time we saw his father and his family. I don't know where the father live and I don't have his number. I just moved out of my moms house last July. If me and the father have no contact with one another doesn't mean I'm trying to conceal my child. If someone doesn't want something I won't force it.

Recommended articles about Family law