What regulatory agency governs licensed process servers?

I am interested not in avoiding a lawsuit for improper service but in reporting an improper service to a regulatory agency, because lying about service is WRONG and I suppose ILLEGAL, and the licensed person who perjured herself by saying she personally served me, when she certainly did not, just dumping papers in my mailbox without even the privacy of a manilla envelope so that my postman could see them plain as day, and never mailing anything properly thereafter, should be held accountable for such lack of legality and professionalism. What is the regulatory agency governing licensed process servers so that I can report her and the legal services firm that contracted her? Thank you.

Thousand Oaks, CA -

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

Administrative Law Lawyer - Pasadena, CA

California Process servers are required to be registered in the county in which they work (California Business and Professions Code §22350 and §22353). Here is a link about the rules and regulations applicable to them: http://www.serve-now.com/resources/become-proce...

Michael J Corbin

Michael J Corbin

Bankruptcy Attorney - Faribault, MN

Generally, I know of no "licensure" process for a someone serving legal papers - they merely need to be over the age of 18 and uninvolved in the case at hand. You can object to the service in court to the judge assigned to your case, but there really isn't an agency that handles someone serving papers.

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Chicago, IL

There is no state or federal agency or government bureau for a process server