What recourse do I have against state probation officials for retaliative and bullying acts?

Asked over 1 year ago - Raleigh, NC

I am serving a probation sentence and went to a state senator to open an inquiry into the manner in which I have been treated. Part of my complaint was about my probation officer's flirts and inquiries about the relationship with my boyfriend, both of which are inappropriate. A few weeks later, I was informed that my case was being sent back to the state from which I transferred via Interstate Compact.

Is this type of retaliation legal? I know it's not ethical, but these probation officials could care less about doing what is legal or ethical. They hide behind the protections of cronyism. What recourse do I have?

1. Sarah Jessica Farber

Answered . You can contact your state senator through NCLeg.net, but I highly doubt anyone over there will do much, especially now when they are all busy with budget matters.

If your case is moving back to your sending state, then are you moving, too? If not, then you'll still be on probation here and will have to make nice with this probation officer.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Just relax and hope your new probation officer is much better. I am not even sure this is retaliation.