What recourse do I have against a car seller who will not provide a smog certificare

Redding, CA |

Seller verbally assurred my husband and I that the vehicle passed smog recebtly and wants to return our monet

It is illegal in California to sell a car without a current smog certificate. This is the seller's responsibility, not the buyer's. If the vehicle does not have such a certificate, you should be able to return the car and get your money back. If you would like to consult further on this matter, feel free to contact me at my office number, which is 800-517-2877.

Disclaimer: The information provided in this answer is for information only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Mr. Putnam is correct in his assessment and you should call him. He is an experienced auto fraud atty and will do a nice job for you.