What r my rights as a passenger in a vehicle?

Ventura, CA |

Does a passenger in a vehicle have to submit to any type test or search of any kind?

1. Depends on the facts and circumstances. I need more information relating to why and how you were stopped and what you did after the stop.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. yes in some situations they have to. It really depends on the facts a traffic stop. What type of probable cause or other factors the police officer legitimately observed.

3. I agree with both of my colleagues. It all depends on the facts and circumstances of the case. Your have your 4th, 5th and 6th amendment rights. You have the right to be free of seizure and the right to remain silent and not to make any statements that will incriminate you. However, if there is a perceive danger to a police officer, you may be searched for weapons. It all depends as said before in the facts and circumstances. Most often, such as in a routine traffic stop, you may not even be questioned or in other occasions, if warranted, you may be just asked for your name and address. Tell us more about your situation and I will answer more. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de accidentes y lesiones is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Civil rights topics